Prize Fund $68.50
Awards Banquet $10.00
IGBO Donation $.50
Total Entry Fee $100.00 (US)
Includes all activities other than bowling. Please indicate
Non-Participant's name and city on entry form and remit fee of $15.00.
Optional Scratch ($25 fee)
DIVISION A: 200 - 300 AVERAGE
DIVISION B: 185 - 199 AVERAGE
DIVISION C: 165 - 184 AVERAGE
DIVISION D: 140 - 164 AVERAGE
DIVISION E: 0 - 139 AVERAGE
Scratch Masters Roll-Off
DIVISION A: 200 - 300 AVERAGE ($50 FEE)
DIVISION B: 185 - 199 AVERAGE ($40 FEE)
DIVISION C: 165 - 184 AVERAGE ($35 FEE)
DIVISION D: 140 - 164 AVERAGE ($30 FEE)
DIVISION E: 0 - 139 AVERAGE ($25 FEE)
1. The Houston Invitational Tournament, held July 1-3, 2016, is an IGBO member tournament open to men and women by invitation only. The tournament will be a mixed, handicap competition sanctioned by USBC, and will adhere to USBC rules. Participants must be members of an IGBO League or an IGBO Associate Member or approved by the Tournament Executive Committee. Participation is limited to forty-two teams of four members each. Any issue that is not covered by USBC or the following rules will be resolved by the Tournament Executive Committee.
2. Certification Pursuant to Rule 300c, all participants must be members of USBC and provide proof of membership (certification card or signed statement from the League Secretary). If the participant is not a member of USBC, he/she must pay the appropriate certification fee of $20.00 and become concurrently subject to the USBC rules and jurisdiction for the tournament. IGBO Associate Membership is $25.00.
3. Tournament Events Each participant may only enter once. The tournament shall consist of Singles, Doubles, Team and Individual All-Events based on handicap of 90% of the difference between the bowler's entering average and a scratch score of 225.
4. Averages Any bowler entering the Houston Invitational Tournament must establish a ten-pin average acceptable to USBC (Rule 319), subject to the following: (See Also Rule 6B for Tournament Average Information) (Summer averages are considered book).
A. The USBC composite 2015-16 average (miniumum 21 games) or
B. The tournament average (minimum 21 games) from Jun 1, 2015 to Jun 1, 2016 whichever is higher.
C. If none, the 2014-2015 book average (minimum 21 games).
D. If none of the above exist, the highest current average, minimum 21 games or
E. If none of the above, an entering average of 225 will be used.
5. Verification. Verification will mostly be done online so it is the responsibility of the bowlers to verify USBC and IGBO TAD averages and list on the entry any online league standing websites used by the bowler's league. Failure to use the correct average shall disqualify score if submitted average is lower than correct average thereby resulting in a lower classification or more handicap. Prize winnings shall be based on the submitted average if it is higher than the correct average. However, corrections in averages may be permitted up to the completion of the bowler's first game.
6. Other Requirements
a. Any bowlers who have qualified for a cash and/or merchandise prize of $600 (US) or more in a single event must report the following: The actual scratch scores bowled in the series, the event in which the prize was won, the name and date of the tournament and the position won. An average adjustment on this information will be reviewed on an individual basis and action will be decided by the Tournament Re-Rate Committee.
b. The bowler's accumulated tournament average for all but not less than 21 tournament games must be used for handicapping or classification purposes if it exceeds the entering average. Failure to report this information shall result in automatic disqualification and loss of winnings. (USBC Rule 319 is enforced and applies in its entirety).
c. When tournament management reserves the right to adjust a bowler's average, such adjustment must be made before the entrant bowls. Any bowler unwilling to accept an average adjustment is entitled to a full refund.
7. Ineligibility The following conditions result in automatic disqualification to participate in the Houston Invitational Tournament:
a. Any bowler who is employed by the host bowling center but does not bowl in an IGBO league may not participate.
b. Any bowler who currently bowls in a league at the host-bowling center, but is not a member of an IGBO league.
Entry fee is $100.00. Lineage is $21, prize fund is $68.50; Awards Banquet $10.00; IGBO Donation $.50. Entries after June 21, 2016 will pay a late penalty fee of $10.00 per bowler. Entries will not be accepted after June 28, 2016 (except for emergency replacements). Entries not accompanied by payment will not be accepted (see Rule 9). When a free or reduced entry is given, an amount equal to the prize fee will be paid into the tournament prize fund by management.
9. Registration Tournament registration shall close on June 21, 2016 or when all available spots have been filled. Entries received after June 21, 2016 shall be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until June 28, 2016, with a late penalty fee of $10 per bowler (all late fees collected will be allocated directly for the prize fund). Only online registration will be accepted. All entries must be paid in full by credit card or PayPal. Once an entry is accepted by the tournament, no refunds shall be made except for re-rated bowlers pursuant to Rule 6 (C). Partial entries will be accepted and every effort made to fill the spots, provided all necessary information is provided and fees paid.
10. Late Bowlers and Substitutes It shall be the sole responsibility of each bowler to be present at their assigned lane at the time of bowling without regard to transportation irregularities, improper directions, mechanical failures or any other reason. Late bowlers shall begin bowling in the frame in which they are ready, with prior frames scored as zero (0). If a team member is not present, the team may use an authorized substitute as permitted by the Tournament officers. If no substitute is available, a zero score will be used for the missing bowler.
11. Prizes There shall be one position prize awarded in each handicap event for every eight (8) entries (except All Events is for every 10), or major portion thereof and will be payable in US funds by mail withing 30 days of the last day of tournament play. In addition, special awards will be given for the male and female high handicap game and series scores, and the male and female high scratch game and series scores.
Optional Scratch Rules
1. An Optional Scratch event is available to all participants for an additional entry fee of $25.00. Optional Scratch entry fees may be paid at the time of tournament entry or during registration (before the first ball is rolled in competition).
2. The Optional Scratch qualifying scores will consist of the total scratch scores for the nine (9) games in the Singles, Doubles and Team events. Optional Scratch divisions will be as follows:
Division A: Averages from 200-300
Division B: Averages from 185-199
Division C: Averages from 165-184
Division D: Averages from 140-164
Division E: Averages from 0 - 139
3. Prizes will be awarded in each division for the high scratch game, series and all-events bowled by participants who have paid the Optional Scratch entry fee. The award ratio for the Optional Scratch will be at least 1:10 per division and 100% of the prize fund for each division shall be returned to that division. Ties for any event will be aggregated for the tied positions and divided equally by the number of ties for that placing.
Scratch Masters Rules (subject to change)
1. The Scratch Masters competition, in conjunction with the Houston Invitational Tournament, is available to all participants for an additional entry fee based on Division as outlined below. Scratch Masters entry fees may be paid at the time of tournament entry or during registration (before the first ball rolled in competition). 100% of the entry fee will be returned to the prize fund for each division. All scores will be scratch, no handicap.
2. The nine (9) game scratch totals from the handicap tournament (Singles, Doubles and Team) are used to determine the eight (8) qualifiers and the one (1) alternate per division for competition. If a TIE exists for any of the eight (8) qualifying spots, the bowler with the highest three (3) game scratch series will determine the seeded positions. Once the final ranking or position for the nine (9) games is determined, qualifying scores will not carry over. Scratch Masters Divisions and corresponding entry fees will be as follows:
Division A: Averages from 200-300 $50.00 entry
Division B: Averages from 185-199 $40.00 entry
Division C: Averages from 165-184 $35.00 entry
Division D: Averages from 140-164 $30.00 entry
Division E: Averages from 0 -139 $25.00 entry
3. The scheduled competition will begin at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 3, 2016.
4.. Scratch Masters check-in time will be announced. If a bowler has not checked in by announced time or is unavailable to bowl at the scheduled time, the alternate in that division bowls. The unavailable bowler is disqualified. The alternate assumes the 8th place seed and the other seeds are advanced accordingly.
5. During preliminary rounds, bowlers will have 10 minutes of practice on any or all of the lanes assigned to his/her division; no other practice balls are allowed on subsequent lanes and/or matches. Any claims of error must be submitted to the Scratch Master's Committee prior to the start of the next match. In the case of an error in the final match, claims must be submitted within thirty (30) minutes of the end of the final match.6. Scratch Masters playoff will be a single elimination head to head competition in each division as follows: